Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 4: No One Wants a Pregnant Nanny (July 15)

Before I became pregnant my wonderful family that I had been working with for over a year let me know that the kids would be going to school full time in the fall and that they would no longer need a nanny.  I had been on several in person interviews, had several phone interviews, and even a few offers before I left for the beach.  I had planned on making my decision when I came home and got settled.  As a nanny I felt like my job would definitely require me telling my potential new bosses I was pregnant.  Kids need to be picked up and things need to be cleaned and I wanted to make sure everyone knew up front that I wouldn't be a permanent fixture.  Well, after informing the parents that had offered me jobs that I was pregnant I no longer had any offers on the table, but there were still interviews.  I waited until the end of the interview to let them know my situation and then waited for call back.

No comments:

Post a Comment