Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 13: No More Metformin (September 16)

So the first trimester is coming to an end, and that means I have to go off my metformin.  If you remember I take it for insulin resistance and for your reference that last time I went off it completely I weighed about 80 pounds more than I did right before I got pregnant.  A combination of the metformin, a change in diet, and an increase in activity helped me get down to a weight that was lower than I ever was in high school.  I was scared, not only of gaining all the weight back, but also of the very real chance of getting gestational diabetes.  But, I have to follow the doctor's orders and at the end of this week I went off my meds. My body took about a week to get used to it with several ups and downs in my blood sugar, but everything seemed ok after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment