Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 3: Think Positive (July 10)

We got back from the beach on July 9th, but I had the 10th off.  Michael set off to work around 7:30am and I stayed snuggled up with Molly until around 10am.  I got up and had zero plans or ambitions for the day except to be as lazy as possible.  So I got up and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth.  I opened up the bathroom cabinet and saw the pregnancy test box with one test left sitting there calling my name.  For some reason I just can't have a pregnancy test in the house without wanting to take it.  So for no other reason than to quell my compulsion and pacify my boredom I decided to take the test. I set it on the counter and brushed my teeth.  After washing my face and hands I grabbed the test and went to toss it in the trash, but stopped when I saw what looked to be the tiniest faintest pink line to the left of the dark pink control line.  I looked at it for a good solid 10 minutes before I made any other move.




I finally decided to get dressed and grabbed the test and tossed it in my purse (gross, I know).  I got in the car and started heading towards Michael's office.  On the way there I stopped by my OB/GYN office to set up an appointment for later that afternoon.  I stopped by a fast food place and grabbed a large sweet tea for Michael and made my way to his office.  I called him and told him I had something for him.  He came outside to my car and I handed him the test (yes, yes, gross.  We've covered this.) He has about the same reaction I did at first and then the true Michael came out.  He started talking about budgets and saving money and ... I had originally thought I would plan something elaborate to surprise him when it happened, but I didn't and it was still special and I wouldn't have it any other way. I left him at work to worry about his budget and headed to my doctor's office for what seemed like the shortest and most pointless $25 dollars I've ever spent.  I peed in a cup and Dr. Gaines said, "Yep, you're pregnant.  Any questions?" We discussed my PCOS and that I would continue taking my metformin for insulin resistance until the end of the first trimester.  He calculated that I was about 7 weeks pregnant (which was way off, but my girl parts are shady at best) and sent me to the front to set up my next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment