Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week 24: The Strangers are Taking Notice

This weekend while shopping I had my very first stranger ask me when I was due...and then another and another.  I guess I've gotten past the "maybe she's just fat or bloated" stage.


We had a doctor visit this week.  All is well.  Heart rate of 150 bpm and I only gained 3 pounds from the last visit, so no lecture about my weight!  We did discuss my overall weight gain and diet and exercise plan (at my request) and we also discussed the possibility of gestational diabetes.  I will have my glucose test done at my next visit on December 23rd.  There is still a very good chance I will have it, but the doctor said at this point there is nothing else I can do.  If I do have gestational diabetes I will go on a VERY strict diet just in time for Christmas! Biscuit is still jumping around a lot, although he hasn't been as active today.  He must be tired from my marathon shopping day with his Grandma Chenoweth yesterday.

I am so thankful for all of the well wishes and gifts that have been sent by friends and family.  I have a cradle full of gifts, goodies, hand me downs, and other wonderful things for Biscuit.  The cradle is on loan from my sister, and it was the cradle built for her by our grandfather.  I feel so loved and special. I know Biscuit does, too!



I am also thankful for having such a wonderful, loving husband that has been taking such good care of me lately.  He has taken on the majority of the chores without any complaints and seems to enjoy pampering me...most of the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment