Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Week 28: Still no results (December 30)

I was waiting on my results from the glucose test to make this post, but I decided this morning that I would forget if I didn't do it.  I am going to call today to see if they came in and they just haven't called me.  I know the holidays can make things a little hectic.

Michael and I had a wonderful Christmas and it isn't over yet!  We spent the morning with his parents and brother and spent the evening at my sister's house with my father's side of my family.  Michael saw his Charlotte relatives on Saturday, but I was not feeling up to all the driving we would have to do so at the last minute we decided I would stay home.  I was sad and lonely, but physically I knew it was the right thing to do.  Tomorrow (January 1) we head to my grandmother Smith's house to celebrate with my mother's side of the family.  We have had a fantastic time visiting with friends and family, giving and receiving presents, and eating! So. Much. Eating.  It was a good way to finish the year.  After this there will be no more traveling in our near future so if you want to see us you will have to head to Raleigh! We have an extra bed, a real one, not inflatable!

We have been slowly acquiring all the necessary things for raising a baby.  They sure are expensive for being so tiny.  Michael has been learning that "easy to assemble, no tools required" is almost always a lie.


In Biscuit news, he has gotten big enough that as long as he isn't right in the middle I know where he is resting.  He will wiggle a little when I rub him and poke back when I poke him.  I have also noticed that he moves more when music is playing or daddy is home and talking.  

For any of you contemplating sending a gift for Biscuit, aside from the registry items, I have found a wonderful new store that rocks my hippy organic socks off.  It is called Sweet Bottoms and they have an online store and a store in Cary.  You can buy gift cards online and send them via mail or email.  It is mom operated and all of the sales staff was very helpful AND wearing their babies, which just made me happy.  They have all sorts of things that I just love.  Cloth diapers and all the essentials for using cloth diapers, a range of different ergonomic baby wearing devices, glass bottles, my favorite brand of bedding (aden + anais), natural remedies and all natural sensitive skin products, the softest leg warmers and leggings, all natural toys that require imagination and don't have all the bells and whistles and batteries...the list could go on and on. Long story short.  This store.  I love it.  

That is all for now.  I may make a mid week update if we get any surprising info from the doctor, but if not you can expect an update around Monday of next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment