Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Week 9: Bring May Flowers (May 6)

I received a card in the mail from my grandmother just one week before she passed away.  When I opened it up a plethora of newspaper clippings fell out.  They were mostly comic strips about babies filled with handwritten notes. I will treasure these always.



Charlie and Michael accompanied me to the memorial service on Saturday.  It was a beautiful service, but what moved me the most was how many people came up to me and asked me if my baby was Charlie, the baby she couldn't wait to get her hands on.  Others came up to me with wishful looks in their eyes and one question.  "Did she get to hold him? It was all she talked about." I am so happy to say that she did get to hold him and I wish she got to hold him more.

Biscuit and I started work on Monday.  My newest boss is a sweet little girl born on March 24th, but outweighing Biscuit by a whole pound!  He seemed to be very clingy most of the morning but about the time work was over he decided this wasn't so bad.



I think we are gonna be fine...



Oops!  Almost forgot Biscuit turned 2 months old this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment