Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Week 2: Hanging In There (March 18th)

This week was quite the exciting one.  Michael went back to work on Monday and I ended up going to the doctor to find out that I was suffering from exhaustion.  My feet had swollen up like sausages and my hands were going numb, and I was too tired to function.  Luckily I had two things about to work out in my favor.  We met with the lactation consultant at our pediatrician's office and she cut back my nursing routine to every 3 hours instead of every 2 and told me to stop pumping completely.  I also got a 4 hour block from midnight to 4am.  Also, on Tuesday Grandma Rose came to stay for 2 nights, which gave me extra help during the day and gave Michael 2 full nights of sleep.




We went to visit Daddy at work on Tuesday, went to a Newborn class at lunch on Wednesday, and then enjoyed a lazy day on Thursday before Grandma left.  Thursday evening Papa was finally well enough to visit!


Friday morning Biscuit's umbilical cord stump FINALLY fell off.


And that night Biscuit got to meet Uncle John at my birthday party with my dad's side of the family.




On Saturday (my actual birthday, March 15th) we celebrated my birthday with Mike's family and Biscuit got to meet Uncle Ryan.  Uncle Ryan declined to hold or diaper the baby, but we will get him soon!  

I think we are finally getting the hang of this family thing, and although I still need MORE sleep, I am getting enough.  I have gotten the courage to take a shower with no other adults in the house and drive all the way to Grandma Rose's work with just me in the front and Biscuit in the back.  We even went to WalMart to pick up diapers!  I cannot speak for Michael, but I am certain he feels the same, I am so happy.  I didn't know I could ever be this happy.  I am looking forward to many more weeks (and many more blog posts, hopefully) with my fabulous little family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment