Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week 1: A New Beginning (March 11th)

So many things to be said.  Don't know how to say them.  I'm a week behind on my blog but I think I've done pretty darn good.  We stayed at the hospital until Thursday, March 6th around 11am.  The nurses were awesome, the lactation consultant rocked my socks, and the food was better than before!  (All new menu, but my favorite was still there!)




We received some lovely flowers from Michael's work (and lucky Charlie got a check!), a teddy from the hospital, and chocolates from my sister's family.


Michael got to change his first diaper all by himself (after a crash course from the tech). 


Biscuit even had a professional photo shoot while we were there!  Here is a little taste.






On going home day we accidentally all matched. 


Michael got the car seat inspected, the tech strapped him in, and we lugged everything out to the car.  Biscuit and I got a nice chariot ride while Michael pushed the cart full of stuff. Biscuit didn't fill up his outfit or the carseat. 


Molly was curious...until he started crying.



And this sums up our first afternoon at home.


The rest of the week there were visitors...






Doctor visits...


And lots of naps.












I am now typing one handed because Biscuit has decided I can't shower AND blog in the same day, so I will make this short.  Some items of note: Biscuit's weight dropped to 6 pounds 9 ounces before we left the hospital, was 6 and 5 on our Friday appointment, and went up to 6 and 11 Monday!  He was a bit jaundiced when we left the hospital, and his bilirubin was 15.8 Friday, but down to 11 on Monday!  The pediatrician said he was very strong and a great eater, pulling in 2 ounces at one sitting.  I will try to get caught up sooner this week, but until then here is a video of Biscuit.




No comments:

Post a Comment